Robert Charles Winthrop (1809–1894), an American philanthropist, congressman from Massachusetts, and one-time Speaker of the United States House of Representatives, stated “Men, in a word, must necessarily be controlled either by a power within them or by a power without them; either by the Word of God or by the strong-arm of man; either by the Bible or by the bayonet.” We find ourselves in the state we are in because of the choices we made in the past. We chose to place our trust in the tyrannical arm of a central government rather than the strong-arm of a benevolent God.The only way back from total tyranny is total surrender to God. For blessed is the nation whose God is the Lord. Ps 33:12 http://amplify.com/u/bs3c0
About A View from the Nest
Thoughts and views as seen from the resident raptor. Reflecting on life and the world as I see it.
All opinions and comments expressed on this site are simply one man's opinion on how I see things.
A journey of a thousand miles begins with just one step.
Each step, each place of rest, each observation brings with it some significance, so come along with me as we Journey Across the Sky.
Nuggets from the Nest
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
Best of the Nest
- EagleEyeReport 062514 June 26, 2014
- Dedication Day the First Memorial Day May 26, 2014
- Not So Happy Anniversaries January 27, 2014
- The Real Reason for the Season December 22, 2013
- What's the Big Ducking Deal? December 21, 2013
- The True Meaning of Thanksgiving November 28, 2013
- Verterns Day Salute November 12, 2013
- A Halloween View From the Nest October 31, 2013
- What's Good and Right With America October 29, 2013
- Situation Normal All *Bleep* Up October 19, 2013
Eagle’s TweetsMy Tweets
Tagsabortion Abraham Lincoln Add new tag America Barack Obama Bible Blog carnival Budget Business Christ Christian Christianity Christmas Climate change Congress Constitution Debt economy Education environment Environmentalism Evangelism faith Federal government of the United States freedom global warming God Gospel government Health Health care History Holy Spirit hope Human rights Illegal immigration Islam Israel Jesus Jesus Christ John McCain Law Lord Medicaid Middle East Nancy Pelosi Obama Obamacare Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act political cartoons Politics President President Obama President of the United States religion Religion and Spirituality Republican Ronald Reagan Science socialism Social Security Society and Culture spending Spirituality Supreme Court taxes Thomas Jefferson Unemployment United State United States United States Constitution US welfare White House Wisconsin