These six things the Lord hates, Yes, seven are an abomination to Him: 17 A proud look, A lying tongue, Hands that shed innocent blood, 18 A heart that devises wicked plans, Feet that are swift in running to evil, 19 A false witness who speaks lies, And one who sows discord among brethren. Proverbs 6:16-19 (NKJV)
- A look of pride: A man ought not to think too highly of oneself. A haughty spirit goes before a big fall. God exalts the humble but resists the proud.
- Lying lips: misrepresentation of actual facts is lying. Leaving out important facts when asked specific questions is also lying. Twisting the truth to make yourself appear better is also lying. Failing to offer up proof to back-up assertions can also be considered lying. Deliberately misleading the public is lying.
- Hands that shed innocent blood: who among us is more innocent then the unborn child? Killing of babies is shedding innocent blood. A child has not done anything deserving of death.
- Heart set on devious plans: How wicked a web we weave when we practice to deceive. Purposefully planning on destroying an opponent to one’s own personal gain is devious and despicable.
- Feet swift to spread evil reports and bring evil upon others: 30 pairs of feet where swiftly dispatched to Alaska for the sole purpose of finding EVIL REPORTS to bring against Sarah Palin. A bevy of reporters and campaign workers set out to discredit Joe the plumber. Every attempt to shed light on a certain political party’s candidate for President is met with SWIFT destructive practices and policies.
- Bearing false witness. Lying about someone: Deliberate misrepresentation of someone’s character or positions is bearing false witness.
- Sowing discord amongst peaceful people: Turning people against each other by sowing distrust amongst people groups with the intent of furthering one’s own agenda is also despised by God. Causing fights to break out over supposed malfeasance all as a ruse to cover-up one’s own nefarious intent is hated by God.