The House has already passed a continuing resolution that would avert a government shutdown set to take place on March 27th, the date that the Continuing Appropriations Resolution of 2013 expires.
Now, the CR is in the Senate where Senator Ted Cruz offered up an amendment that would remove any funding for the implementation of Obamacare.
Of course, since the Democrats are all good team players, and since they control the Senate, the amendment failed. But Senator Ted Cruz pointed out that if the Senate ends up making any changes to the continuing resolution, they’d have to send it back to the House, and when they do, the GOP should add an amendment like his that would defund Obamacare. That way, the President and the Democrat-controlled Senate are left with the option to either defund Obamacare or let the government shut down. Their choice.
Senator Cruz is playing the game, and he’s playing it well. But others aren’t being good team players. Boehner doesn’t want to defund Obamacare. He says he promises he’ll work on repealing it later, but not now:
“my way or the highway” approach will not produce a deal. “I don’t see a path to a deal if they don’t budge. Period,” Obama said at a press conference Monday.
For two years Obama and the democrats did things their way and completely ignored the American people now he is attempting to smear the republicans who are trying to do what WE THE PEOPLE sent them to congress to do. We the people do not wish to compromise with those in congress who set a course of ruin for this country. We stand firmly behind those congressmen who are attempting to roll back this out-of-control government. We the people demand the Government credit card be cut up. We demand the check book be balanced. We demand that the government learn to live within its means. We the people demand that our government stop spending more money then they take in and we the people REFUSE to pay more into this bloated government.
Warning Loon alert ahead. I never really did care much for his music. I am certainly not in favor of his politics. Perhaps James should stick to writing songs nobody buys anymore.
Washington (CNSNews.com) – James Taylor, recognized at the White House on Wednesday for his musical achievement, told reporters that President Barack Obama has been too modest about his accomplishments.
Taylor said he supported Obama in the 2008 presidential race.
“I think that the administration has been almost too modest in their accomplishments,” Taylor said. “And it’s remarkable to me that they get blamed for the problems that the people we elect actually haven’t caused. I’m hoping the American public understands who we got here, what we’ve got in this president, a remarkable leader. It just makes me feel wonderful to see him in this White House. I don’t mean to get too political.”
I have long contended that Obama was a Muslim sympathizer but perhaps it goes deeper. Could it be that our current President is returning to his childhood faith? Remember he did go to a Muslim school. So congratulations for electing the first undocumented Muslim leader Barrack Hussein Obama.
President Obama will host an iftar — the special evening meal
observed during Ramadan — on Friday night in the White House dining
Obama participated in a similar gathering last year (shown here).
like iftar dinners “remind us of the principles that we hold in common,
and Islam’s role in advancing justice, progress, tolerance and the
dignity of all human beings,” Obama wrote in a statement Wednesday.
is a celebration of a faith known for great diversity and racial
equality … a reminder that Islam has always been part of America and
that American Muslims have made extraordinary contributions to our
The last 18 months of the Obama Administration has been a whirlwind of activity, none of which really amounts to anything that betters our society, on the contrary Obama has only made things worse. Despite his obvious love of himself Obama has done nothing to help ease the soaring unemployment rate in America, he has offered nothing to help turn the corner on the recession we are now in, in fact everything Obama tries to fix only gets worse. So I give the President an “F’ for failure. What say you?
After 18 months of the Obama presidency:
- Government spending completely out of control
- Federal deficit “unsustainable” at $13 trillion and growing
- Unemployment rate close to 10%
- 15 million Americans out of work
- Economy remains in recession, or worse
- Personal bankruptcies soaring
- Home foreclosures on a pace to reach 1 million in 2010
- Consumer confidence at 11-month low
- Gulf oil spill worst environmental crisis in history, exacerbated by lack of presidential leadership
- Moratorium on drilling to cost jobs
- Racial tensions grow in intensity throughout society
- U.S. government sides with foreign nation Mexico against sovereign state of Arizona
- U.S. borders unsecured—citizens vulnerable to attack from invading criminals
- War in Afghanistan: Political goals trump military ones
- American prestige in sharp decline throughout world
- Even progressive Europeans reject Obama’s outrageous proposals to continue spending
- White House uses tyrannical, banana republic tactics to ram Marxist programs into law
- Rule of law ignored to secure votes
- Majority of Americans believe nation headed in wrong direction